Online Live Class – Create a Mosaic Rock
Start by looking in your yard or neighborhood for a rock, approximately 4’x 5′, with one flat/smooth side for you to attach your mosaic.
In the first of two sessions, you will learn how to prepare the rock, cut the colorful glass and glue to make a picture or design on the rock for your garden or deck. Pictures will be provided for inspiration or feel free to look for inspiration on your own. Beginners are encouraged to create a simple design, a heart, flower, etc.
In the second session, you are welcome to continue creating your design. You will also learn to grout and clean your piece, and if you are ready you will complete this step. I supply multi-color tile with choices (see below) in the kit.
I will send you an email 1-2 days prior to each class, with the Zoom link and information about how to best prepare for each class.
Date and Time:
Thurs, Nov 5 and 12, 2020, 3-5:00 EST
Optional Supply Kit, shipping or pick-up:
- Mailed – within the continental US
- Studio pick-up – is on Tuesdays 1-5:00 at my Holliston, MA studio, and some Thursdays by appointment. Kits will be outside the back door of the studio labeled with your name, just let me know what day you are coming.
- glass (1/3 multicolored, 1/3 each of two colors of your choice if you write your choice in the comment section of the registration page. If not, you will receive a multicolored assortment). Additional colors are $6 each, contact me for details. Please note, if you have a larger rock you may need more glass
- adhesive (waterproof for the outdoors)
- grey grout
- wheeled cutter/nippers (available for $20 additional fee)
- goggles/protective eyewear
- disposable gloves
Beginner Class option:
If you are interested, I offer a beginner kit with a free video (separate class), which will give beginners more of an understanding of the process of mosaics. However, you are welcome to try this rock class as a beginner class knowing that you will be learning both beginner skills and rock skills at the same time.
Add the appropriate coupon code (in bold) at checkout and the balance will be adjusted accordingly:
- $95 class only, no kit (2 classes), no coupon code needed
- $115 class with $20 optional kit, Holliston studio pick-up (glass and adhesive), (Coupon code ROPU)
- $130 class, with $15 kit mailed to continental US plus $15 mailing fee (Coupon code ROMA)
- $150 for the above option plus the wheeled cutters (Coupon code ROMACU)
Fees for students with a 4 or 10-class package:
If you are an ongoing student, you are welcome to use your 4 or 10-pack for payment, however the kit fee for online classes is additional.
I hope you can join us!