Live Online Class
Create With Slate
In this one session class, you will learn how to design a mosaic with pre-cut slate pieces. You are given these three examples of possible designs, and are welcome to copy one of these designs or create your own.
This class is great for beginners on up to experienced students.
You will receive an email 1-2 days prior to class, with the Zoom link and information about how to best prepare for each class.
Date: December 8, 2020, 3-5:00
Optional Supply Kit, shipping or pick-up:
- Mailed – within the continental US, 8 days prior to class
- Studio pick-up is on Tuesdays 1-5:00 at my Holliston, MA studio, and some Thursdays by appointment. Kits will be outside the back door of the studio labeled with your name, just let me know what day you are coming.
- Slate in a variety of sizes and shapes
- glass tile bits
- cement based adhesive
- a prepared, approximately 5′ square wooden base
- pictures of the examples
- popsicle sticks
Supplies needed to set up your work area at home:
- disposable gloves
- table covering/newspaper
- apron/wear messy clothing
Add the appropriate coupon code (in bold) at checkout and the balance will be adjusted accordingly:
- $35 class only, no kit, no coupon code needed (SLCO)
- $65 class includes $30 optional kit, Holliston studio pick-up (Coupon code SLPU)
- $75 class, includes kit with $10 mailing fee, to continental US (No coupon code needed)
Fees for students with a 5 or 10-class package:
If you are an ongoing student, you are welcome to use your 5 or 10-pack for payment, however the kit fee for online classes is additional.
Beginner Class option:
If you are interested, I offer a beginner kit with a free video (separate class), which will give beginners more of an understanding of the process of mosaics including cutting glass.
- If you cancel 9 days or more before class you will receive a 75% credit toward another class. Or, if another slate class is scheduled, contact me and you can join a later class.
- If you cancel 8 days or less before a class, the kit has already been mailed out. So there is no refund.
- Keep children and pets away from the glass, slate, tile, cement and any other hazardous materials.
- Disposable gloves and masks are needed when using cement
- Vacuum thoroughly during and after project completion, small glass/slate shards could scatter in the area
Before I purchase this video/kit I agree that I have read, understand and will follow typical safety precautions, including those written above regarding breaking glass. I am aware that I am using adhesives and other potentially dangerous items, and will use a mask and gloves when recommended.
As a participant in classes given by Cheryl Cohen Mosaics Art Center, LLC, I recognize and acknowledge there are certain risks of injury, and I agree to assume the full risk of injuries, including physical injury, damages or loss that I or the children/pets who are in the area, may sustain as a result of participating in any activities connected with or associated with such program or class. I agree to waive and relinquish all claims I, or my minor child may have as a result of agents, servants, employees and independent contractors. I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE ALL CLAIMS.