Online Live Class – Picassiette Flowers
This is a fabulous class on how to use pottery, china, and more to create delicate flowers.
In the first of three sessions, we will learn to create flowers with mesh and thinset using a pattern. In the second session we will learn how to create flowers and succulents using the putty method, a more freestyle approach. The last session will focus on stems, leaves, composition, and backgrounds.
The kit contains what is needed to make the flowers only. If you are interested in creating the succulents, you will need to find pottery on your own (contact Cheryl for specific details after registration). You will be instructed in class how to utilize the flowers/succulents to create a finished piece by viewing many completed works. You can place the flowers on flower pots, in a picture frame, or another option of your choice. You will be responsible to purchase those finishing items (frames, plant pots, 1/2 cups) independently.
Date and Time:
Tues, Feb 23, Mar 2, 9, 2020, 3-5:00 ET
Tues, May 18, 25, June 1, 3-5:00 ET
Tues, Oct 5, 12, 19, 3-5:00 ET
Optional Supply Kit, shipping or pick-up:
- Mailed – within the continental US
- Studio pick-up – is on Tuesdays 1-5:00 at my Holliston, MA studio, and some Thursdays by appointment. Kits will be outside the back door of the studio labeled with your name, just let me know what day you are coming.
- 2 plates (you are welcome to suggest preferred colors, but what I have is based on availability)
- Some green plate shards for leaves
- Thinset adhesive
- Putty, black and white
- Popsicle sticks
- wheeled cutter/nippers (available for $20 additional fee)
- goggles/protective eyewear
- disposable gloves
Beginner Class option:
If you are interested, I offer a beginner kit with a free video (separate class), which will give beginners more of an understanding of the process of mosaics. However, you are welcome to try this garden globe class as a beginner class knowing that you will be learning both beginner and flower skills at the same time
Add the appropriate kit code (in bold) at checkout and the balance will be adjusted accordingly:
- $145 – class only, no kit (no kit code needed)
- $175 – class with $30 optional kit, Holliston studio pick-up (kit code FLPU)
- $200 – class with $30 kit mailed within the continental US plus $25 mailing fee (kit Code FLMA)
- $220 – for the above option plus the wheeled cutters (kit Code FLMACU)
Fees for students with a 4 or 10-class package:
If you are an ongoing student, you are welcome to use your 4 or 10-pack for payment, however the kit fee for online classes is additional.