Online Live Class
Create Mosaic Succulents!
I’m excited to offer my new succulent online live class! This class is open to all levels; beginners are welcome.
This class will be offered in two sessions:
- $95 Succulent Class, 3-hour class where students will learn to create succulents out of china/pottery. We will discuss what materials and tools are needed, what type of pottery works best, see a PowerPoint presentation with before and after pieces, and make one succulent together.
- $65 Succulent Background Class, 2-hour optional class on how to assemble the succulents into the finished piece, what natural materials to gather and how to create a cohesive background. You can gather your materials and succulents and we can create together. Inexpensive substrate options from wood to frames will be discussed.
- $150 Succulent and Succulent Background Class bundle
The completed piece can be used as wall art, or as a table centerpiece.
- Sat, April 10 (Succulent class) 2-5:00, and April 24 (background class) 3-5:00
- Sun, June 6 (Succulent class) 2-5:00, and June 13 (background class) 2-4:00
Optional Supply Kit:
1) Succulent Class Kit – Plates to create two, 2-inch succulents of random colors, 1 lb. putty, Lipponett Tile Nippers, toothpicks (you are encouraged to look for your own pottery, china and ceramic plates with colors that you prefer. The plates are giving as a courtesy to practice, the cost of the kit is from the nippers and putty).
2) Succulent Background Class – No kit is available for this class.
If you live locally and would like to pick-up at my Holliston, MA studio, contact me before you register, we will work out the details, and I will send you and invoice for the class.
If you do not purchase the kit, after your class registration, I will send you the supply list to purchase the needed items. If you register for the class you will also receive the list for added items if you choose to purchase them on you own.
Add the appropriate kit code at checkout and the balance will be adjusted accordingly:
- $95 – Succulent class only, no kit (no kit code needed)
- $145 – $95 Succulent class and $50 ($35 + $15 shipping) kit without nippers, mailed (Kit code SUNN)
- $170 – $95 Succulent class and $75 ($60 + $15 shipping) kit with nippers, mailed (SUWN)
- $200 – $150 bundle with $50 kit, no tile nippers, mailed (Kit code SUBNN)
- $225 – $150 bundle with $75 kit, including nippers, mailed (Kit code SUBWN)
If you would like another combination of classes/kits, and do not see it listed above, prior to registering, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, with what you would like and I’ll send you an invoice within 24 hours with easy online payment.
Fees for students with a 4 or 10-class package:
If you are an existing ongoing student, you are welcome to use your 4/5 or 10-pack toward payment. You will receive a 10% discount on the price of the class, and you can make an appointment at the studio for added supplies you may need for an additional fee.
Missed Class Policy:
With 48 hours’ notice you can move your class to another scheduled class. The sessions are not recorded.
Beginner Class option:
If you are interested, I offer a beginner kit with a free video (separate class), where we create a coaster. It gives beginners more of an understanding of the process of mosaics. However, you are welcome to try this class first, knowing that you will be learning both beginner and flower/succulent skills at the same time.
- Keep children and pets away from the glass, tile, plate shards and other hazardous materials.
- Goggles are required when cutting glass, masks when cutting glass/crockery and when using grout/cement and disposable gloves are needed when using putty
- Vacuum thoroughly during and after project completion, small shards could scatter in the area
- In the class you will learn to use wheeled nippers. There are many glass cutting tools. If you have other glass cutting tools, please research and practice using them before class.
Before I purchase this video/kit I agree that I have read, understand and will follow typical safety precautions, including those written above regarding breaking glass. I am aware that I am using adhesives and other potentially dangerous items, and will use goggles, a mask and gloves when recommended.
As a participant in classes given by Cheryl Cohen Mosaics Art Center, LLC, I recognize and acknowledge there are certain risks of physical injury, and I agree to assume the full risk of injuries, including physical injury, damages or loss that I or the children and pets who are in the area, may sustain as a result of participating in any activities connected with or associated with such program or class. I agree to waive and relinquish all claims I or my minor child may have as a result of agents, servants, employees and independent contractors. I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE ALL CLAIMS.